Summer Enrollment - BHSEC Manhattan & BHSEC Queens
New students moving to New York City and/or entering the New York City public school system are eligible to apply to BHSEC after registering with the Department of Education. From August to October, high school registration takes place at High School Registration Centers. These satellite centers, located throughout the City, usually start working in mid-August; their locations may vary from year to year. Parents should visit the DOE Web site for summer enrollment updates, locations, and hours of operation. Please note: we do not accept students into Year I nor Year II (11th and 12th grades).
Summer Enrollment - BHSEC Newark
Summer Enrollment Materials - BHSEC Newark
Summer Enrollment Materials - BHSEC Manhattan & BHSEC Queens
Students and their parent(s) or guardian(s), should be prepared to present the following documents when visiting a Summer High School Registration Center:
- Verifiable proof of home address (Please select only one of the following):
- A utility bill (gas, electric, or water)
- A deed to the student's home residence
- A document from the City Housing Authority or the Human Resources Administration.
- Please note: A telephone bill or driver’s license is not acceptable proof of address. A lease by itself is not acceptable. If you are subletting an apartment or home, or if more than one family shares a living space, you must present an affidavit from the leaseholder or homeowner and attach any of the above acceptable proofs of addresses.
- A medical or insurance card
- A statement on appropriate letterhead that verifies the parent or legal guardian's address from an employer, a social agency, a community based organization, or a religious institution.
- Student’s birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate
- Student’s immunization records
- Student’s transcript or latest report card
- Student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan, if applicable
Students who are interested in BHSEC must inform the Enrollment Counselor with whom he or she meets.
If the applicant fits our admissions profile and there are available seats in the applicant's grade level, he or she will be referred to our school for an assessment and possible interview. Applicants will be notified of BSHEC's admissions decision upon completion of the assessment and interview, typically on the following business day.