We invite you to take the BHSEC assessment at our Queens or Manhattan campus. Completion of our math and writing assessment is a required step in application to BHSEC. For all steps involved in applying to BHSEC, please see our “How To Apply” section under the “Applying” page.
Applicants may complete their assessment at either our Queens or Manhattan campus. The assessment at both campuses is identical and will count for both campuses should the student decide to apply to both of our campuses.
Registering for the Assessment
You must register online for the BHSEC assessment. You can register by clicking HERE and completing the registration form beginning on Wednesday, September 4th, 2019. Registration will close on November 1st, 2019.
In order to make it as convenient as possible for you, students interested in applying to both our Manhattan and Queens campuses need to take the assessment only one time at only one location. If you are invited back for an interview, you will be interviewed at the same campus where you completed the assessment. Lastly, please consult our “Applying” tab on the left-hand side of the page to ensure that you meet our minimum admissions requirements.
Assessment Schedule 2019
Click HERE to register for the assessment. Registration will close on November 1st, 2019.
Bard High School Early College Queens Assessments
30-20 Thomson Ave. (6th Floor), Long Island City, Queens
Applicants are given an hour and a half to complete the assessment from the time the assessment begins.
- Tuesday, September 17th 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM (all students have been notified of their interview status)
- Tuesday, September 24th 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM (all students have been notified of their interview status)
- Tuesday, October 8th 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM (all students will be notified by October 22nd)
- Tuesday, October 15th 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM (exam is full)
- Sunday, October 20th 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 3:00 PM (exams are full)
- Tuesday, October 22nd 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM (exam is full)
- Saturday, November 2nd 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 3:00 PM (exams are full)
- Tuesday, November 12th 4:00 – 5:30 PM (exam is full)
- Monday, November 18th 4:00 – 5:30 PM (for students ONLY applying to the Queens campus)
Students Eligible for Special Testing Accommodations
Students who have Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or approved 504 Accommodation Plans are eligible for supports and accommodations on tests. Students must complete the online registration form and submit the page of their current IEP and/or approved 504 Accommodation Plan that includes the complete description of the testing accommodation(s). E-mail: Queens@bhsec.bard.edu
Click HERE to register for the assessment.
Special Testing Accommodations Dates
- Thursday, October 17th 4:00 PM (exam is full)
- Tuesday, November 5th 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM (exams are full)
- Thursday, November 14th 4:00 PM (for students ONLY applying to the Queens campus)
What to Bring
Items to bring to the assessment:
- Applicants applying to the 9th grade should bring their final 7th grade report card. Please bring a COPY since we will keep it.
- A sharpened # 2 pencil.
- A watch to pace yourself.
Items not to be brought to the assessment:
- Any electronic device (cell phone, media player, head phones, camera etc.) will need to be turned off and put away during the assessment.