Open House and Information Sessions
We are currently working with the NYC Department of Education on a plan for 2020-2021 admissions with safety and equity in mind. The Department of Education has asked us to wait before we implement the plan we have submitted to them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
In the meantime please submit your contact information using this form. When we are ready to proceed with our plan, we will send you an email with next steps.
Spring Tours 2020 have been cancelled.
We will have student led tours from 4 – 5 pm. Please arrive on time as tours begin promptly at 4 pm.
Registration is not required.
Tour features: the opportunity to meet current students in-depth, wide-ranging tour of the campus, and meet administration. Duration: 1 hour
Spring Open House 2020 has been cancelled.
Prospective students and their parents may visit BHSEC Queens during an Open House or on a tour to find out more about the school. Due to high demand, families can choose between an open house or a tour, but should not plan to attend both. Our open houses include presentations by our faculty whereas our tours do not. Our tours are student-led.
Registration is not required.
- Dates TBD 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Please keep in mind that attending an open house or tour is not a requirement for admission to BHSEC. Students are not penalized in any way during the admissions process by not visiting BHSEC prior to applying.
Special Education Information Session 2020 has been cancelled.
For families to learn about the special education opportunities and services at Bard High School Early College Queens.
This social story is a resource that has been created to provide information on how to access Bard HS Early College Queens. This resource will help you plan your visit in advance and explain how to access the building, what to expect when you enter, and who to ask for assistance. This social story is specific to the Thursday, October 24th event.
Registration is not required but we would like to make sure we have everything set up for your visit. You can sign up HERE to let us know if you need any accommodations for your visit to our school. The insideschools website also offers a nice article with advice for visiting high schools. Please see Five special education questions to ask on HS tours.
- Thursday, October 24th 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM.
The BHSEC schools have had great success to date with a small number of students receiving SE services and we are looking to expand our offerings and the number of students served. Perhaps BHSEC is right for you!
Students requiring special education services can expect the following:
- Personal attention and small class sizes for all students (typically ranging from 20-24 students)
- An inclusive and respectful environment for all students
- New ICT classes, an engaging curriculum, and the opportunity to earn college credit
- Easy access to guidance counselors, faculty, and academic advisors
- A strong focus on transitions from middle school to high school and high school to college
- In-house staff knowledgeable with IEPs, SE accommodations, and related services
- A dedicated learning specialist who works with students on a range of academic support needs
- Additional support for writing and math through staff and peer tutoring
- Assistive technology, and help with strengthening academic and social skills
- One of the city’s most personalized college counseling programs, with an unparalleled placement record
- A diverse student body that reflects New York City and includes students of all interests and learning styles
- Opportunities for all students to engage in the arts, athletics, and a range of extra-curricular activities
- An active and engaged parent body
Fall High School Choice Fairs 2019
BHSEC Queens will be at the Borough High School Fairs in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens on the following dates. For more information and locations click here.
September 21-22, Saturday & Sunday
October 5-6, Saturday & Sunday