The following is required of all students who apply to BHSEC Newark.
- A completed online BHSEC Newark application form, along with most recent grades and last year’s report card.
- Completion of a Newark Enrolls application form, including the most recent report card. Please note the Newark Enrolls application window opens on November 13, 2021.
Upon completion of both applications, please complete the registration form to schedule a virtual interview.
Consideration for the 2022-2023 school year will be based on the following:
- Student grades (a B average or above is preferred)
- Attendance record (no more than 10 unexcused absences or 10 tardies in the previous school year is preferred)
- Virtual Interview (provides an introduction of the student in personality, interest level, independence and interpersonal skills) Registration available at: https://tinyurl.com/BHSECinterview22-23
- Teacher recommendations are optional but welcomed
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this year we will not require special assessments or state assessments.
If you have any questions contact our Office of Admissions
- Veronica Osorio, Director of Admissions
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 973-733-6861
- Cindy Duran, Operations & Sustainability Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 973-424-4376
Any transcripts or supporting documents can be mailed (though email is preferred):
Office of Admissions
Bard High School Early College – Newark
321 Bergen Street,
Newark NJ 07103
Admission to BHSEC Newark is conducted through the Newark Public Schools admissions process. Please click here for more information.