Consideration for the 2022-2023 school year will be based on the following:
- Submission of student grades (a B average or above is preferred) from BOTH the current school year and last school year. Accepted materials include full page report cards/transcripts that are clear, legible and have the student’s name listed on the document.
- Attendance record (no more than 10 unexcused absences or 10 tardies in the previous school year is preferred)
- Virtual Interview
- Teacher recommendations are optional but welcomed (see template)
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this year we will not require special assessments or state assessments.
How to Apply
The following is required of all students who apply to BHSEC Newark.
- A completed online Bard application form, along with most recent grades and last year’s report card. Link below:
- Completion of a Newark Enrolls application form, including the most recent report card. Please note the Newark Enrolls application window opens on November 13, 2021.
- Upon completion of BOTH applications, please email us to schedule an interview.
Bard Office of Admissions:
Director of Admissions
Operations & Sustainability Coordinator
Admission to BHSEC Newark is conducted through the Newark Public Schools admissions process. Please click here for more information.
If you have any questions contact our Office of Admissions
- Veronica Osorio, Director of Admissions
- Cindy Duran, Operations & Sustainability Coordinator
Any transcripts or supporting documents can be mailed (though email is preferred):
Office of Admissions
Bard High School Early College – Newark
321 Bergen Street,
Newark NJ 07103